Orthopedic birth defects are the abnormalities of a baby’s muscles, bones, ligaments, and tendons. Congenital disorders originated during the fetal developmental stage while acquired are transmitted through genes from parents to their offspring. Certain orthopedic birth defects restore on their own without any treatment. While others can results in complications if left untreated such as., bone destruction, bone, joints, or muscle deformities, difficulty walking and running, or arthritis in later life.
Waleed Clinix is here to help you out with its advanced healthcare facilities. Dr. Waleed is a well-known Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore. He has a remarkable experience in the treatment of Hip, Knee joint, or disc surgeries. Now, he is offering the most economical treatment for Congenital and Acquired Deformities.
Types of orthopedic birth defects:
There is a wide range of birth defects in children. The most common among them are:
- Club foot
- Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) or dislocated hip
- Spine deformities like kyphosis (bowing), and scoliosis(side curvature or twisting)
- Metatarsus adductus (curved foot or in-toeing)
- Bone infections
- Muscular dystrophy (involving skeletal muscles)
- Osteogenesis imperfecta (Brittle bone disease)
When to seek medical advice for congenital and acquired deformities?
Generally, symptoms in babies with birth defects may get unnoticed. However, there are certain signs to have to observe:
- A visible issue with the baby’s feet, arms, legs, or hands.
- Easily breakable bones
- Spine twisting or bowing
- Reduced movement in infants
- Difficulty walking in children
Diagnosis of congenital and acquired deformities:
Depending upon the type of birth or acquired defects our experts will recommend the following tests:
- Blood or urine analysis to check infection or enzymatic problems
- Imaging tests like CT scans, MRIs, or ultrasounds to examine muscles, tendons, bones, or ligaments
- Genetic testing to access the defect is prenatal or postnatal
- Biopsy of the affected muscles
- X-ray analysis to check for bone defects
Our competent team will keenly examine your child to go for the appropriate treatment.
Treatment of Congenital and Acquired Deformities by Dr.Waleed:
At Waleed Clinix the treatment involves:
- Splints, braces, or casts for bones and joint alignment
- Physical and occupational therapy to improve strength and motion
- Surgery to align bones, tendons, or muscles in adverse conditions
Our expert healthcare team provides absolute care that will helps your child to resume his normal activities and live an active and healthy life ahead.
Providing An Aseptic Environment To Our Valuable Patients:
We are providing the best hygienic environment to our patients. An aseptic environment will speeds up your healing process and we won’t compromise on hygiene. To reduce the risk of sepsis during the examination or surgical protocol we have to be more vigilant to ensure an aseptic environment at our clinic. The tools or equipment are of the highest standards and sterilized timely.